Wednesday, November 17

Christmas crafts are comin' to town

At long last, here's the how-to video for the little Christmas tree! Sorry to assault you with so much Christmas-ness (my festive headband, the music, the fact that it's a Christmas craft to begin with) before Thanksgiving, but I thought I should post this in plenty of time for you guys to make one, if you want:)



I didn't include in the video the instructions on how to make the mold, since there are already lots of tutorials online about how to make a coat hanger Christmas tree mold, but you can click here to see the directions that I used.





Disclaimer: the book that I tore apart for this project came from the 99cent store, and is quite possibly the most hilariously bad book ever written. I only read a page or two, and I take no responsibility for the contents! So if you are looking at the pictures above, are able to make out what something says, and find yourself offended by it, don't go saying I didn't warn you;)

Also, speaking of book-page crafts, don't forget about Living With Lindsay's super awesome book pages wreath that took the blogging world by storm last Christmas! Click here to get the instructions ... I am obsessed with mine!

11 comments:

  1. That's adorable! Ellie & I watched the video several times. We're definitely going to try one this year -- maybe using old coloring books from our craft closet. Thanks for the fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and love the video! Your cute Christmas corner under the stairs looks great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Will surely try it!!!
    http://jaderbombs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, Mary-Grace! I love this idea! And I love the new blog look too - can't wait to carve out some time this weekend to catch up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, the intro to this video had me dying. I love this tree, and I will definitely be trying it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly - Awww, thanks so much! The coloring book tree is SUCH a cute idea, if you do it I'd love to see pics!

    Jillian - Thanks Jilly! It worked out so perfectly that my grandparent's shirts in those portraits just happened to be red and green, haha:) xoxo

    Jaderbomb - Let me know how it goes!

    Sarah C. - Aww, I'm honored to be a part of your weekend plans:) Thanks for stopping by!

    Mandee - Haha, the video didn't turn out nearly as cute as I'd hoped, I had a much cuter idea for the supplies intro, but I just couldn't make it work! Glad you enjoyed it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Mary Grace - you are the cutest thing on the internet for sure! :) Loved this video. I'm making my wreaths then I'm moving on to this great craft for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea! and I love that little table it is sitting on. Where did you find it!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poly - LOL, that is the most awesome compliment ever. Thank you!

    Laina - Oh man, I'm obsessed with that table! I got it on Craigslist. The minute I spotted the listing I frantically emailed the woman selling it and begged her to let me come pick it up right away. After our sofa, it's definitely my favorite piece of furniture in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this video! The tree is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love, this little tree. This is my first time at your blog (I'm not a blog follower usually) and I love it!! I'll be back!!
    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE when people leave comments:) I seriously get excited over every single one.

I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are being a meany-meany-poopie-head.